A healthy body is equipped with the tools to withstand a high level of toxicity. Nowadays, toxins tend to accumulate faster than they can be eliminated in our bodies. The constant exposure to industrial chemicals, pesticides, food additives, heavy metals, anesthetics, the residues of pharmaceutical, legal (alcohol and tobacco), and illegal drugs, has left the body with a high toxin load.
Detoxification is the body's natural way of eliminating or neutralizing toxins through different routes. Each of the detoxification routes (liver, skin, kidney, lungs, gastrointestinal) are stimulated during a treatment program.
Toxins have been identified as threats to our health, so your body's ability to detoxify and eliminate toxins is one of the most significant determinants of your health. Common indications for starting a detoxification program:
- Joint and back pain
- Hormone imbalance (painful periods, premenstrual syndrome, irregular cycles, etc.)
- Recurrent respiratory problems
- Digestive concerns (constipation, diarrhea)
- Food sensitivities and allergies
- Skin conditions (acne, eczema, psoriasis)
- Mood changes
- Weight gain
- Constant sinus congestion
- Exposure to toxins (occupation)